1. Log into your control panel
2. Click mail
3. Click "Modify Mail Exchanger (MX Entry)"
4. Put in mail.thedomainname.com of the domain you wish for it to go to.
If you wish to point it to another server using the same domain...
1. Log into your whm (if you are not a reseller you will need to e-mail email@example.com to do it for you)
2. Click edit DNS zone
3. Pick the domain you wish to edit
4. Change the MX from domain.com to mail.domain.com
5. mail.domain.com should have the A entry of the external mail server ip address
Note: If you ever send mail from any sites that's on the same server where your site is hosted your external mail server will not receive the mail.
The reason for this is that a server will always try to send locally before it tries what the actual DNS zone points to. The way to fix this is to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org saying "
Please remove my domain ****.com from "/etc/localdomains" and add it to "/etc/remotedomains"
Only we are able to make this change for you.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Email Trouble Shooting Make sure your user name and password is all lowercase. Make sure you...
If you can receive mail but aren't able to send this means one thing..... Your internet provider...
Either your domain is out of disk space, or your e-mail address itself is out. You will need to...
Most of our servers have a 80 checks per hour limit. If you hit this limit in any hour you'll be...
You can set and manage easily email forwarders by logging in your cPanel -> Forwarders section.